For the advancement of Hindu religion, we completed the purchase of the premises of Haveli in June 2011, at 58 Loughborough Road, Leicester LE4 4LD.
A works project to carry out structural changes and refurbishments commenced in August 2011 and was completed in a record 9 weeks period, by October 2011.
The Haveli had its grand opening on 5th & 6th November 2011, and it has become the first “Shudh Pushti-Margiya Haveli” in the UK, named “Vrajdham, ShriNathji ni Haveli”. Our website has the brochure to commemorate this event, as well as the photos. The Haveli has provided the “Pushti-Marg” followers the opportunity to continue this long-established faith.
The town of Leicester has a Hindu population estimated at around 8,000, who have benefited tremendously from this Haveli. This has now become the community’s focal point; open for darshan every day, throughout the year.
Vrajdham Haveli has been hosting the Manoraths as per Pushti calendar, as well as significant cultural and religious events. Some of these are:
- March – Holi, celebrating the festival of colour.
- April – Ramnavmi, marking the birth of Lord Rama.
- April – Shree Mahaprabhuji Pragatya, marking the birth of the founder of Pushti-Margiya
- August – Krishna Janmastami marking the birth of Lord Krishna.
- October – Navratri a nine-day harvest folk dance festival.
- October – Diwali, a two-day festival of light
For the Leicester Haveli project, VSUK managed to raise over £550,000, which was used for the purchase of the Haveli and also for the extensive structural and refurbishment works carried out. Membership has been increasing all the time, with enquiries from throughout the UK.